All the BCS Game Scenarios
We are in the final week of football games before the BCS games are determined. Let’s look at all the crucial games and figure out what happens if each team wins the game.
SEC Championship Game
LSU defeats Georgia
- LSU plays for the BCS championship against Alabama
- Georgia is eliminated from a BCS bid.
Georgia defeats LSU
- Georgia receives a bid to the Sugar Bowl and becomes the third SEC team in the BCS games.
- LSU plays for the BCS championship against Alabama.
- This eliminates Michigan, Boise State, Virginia Tech and Oklahoma State from receiving an at-large bid.
Big Ten Championship Game
Wisconsin defeats Michigan State
- Wisconsin receives a bid to the Rose Bowl.
- Michigan State most likely drops below Michigan in the BCS rankings (Don’t forget the Spartans defeated the Wolverines this season 28-14) and is eliminated from a BCS bid.
Michigan State defeats Wisconsin
- Michigan State receives a bid to the Rose Bowl.
- Wisconsin is eliminated from a BCS bid.
Pac-12 Championship Game
Oregon defeats UCLA
- Oregon receives a bid to the Rose Bowl.
- UCLA is 6-7 and hopes they can receive an exemption to be invited to a bowl game.
UCLA defeats Oregon
- This will be the biggest upset of the season. This isn’t happening.
- UCLA will receive a bid to the Rose Bowl.
- Oregon is eliminated from a BCS bid.
- This isn’t happening.
ACC Championship Game
Virginia Tech defeats Clemson
- Virginia Tech receives a bid to the Orange Bowl.
- Clemson is eliminated from a BCS bid.
Clemson defeats Virginia Tech
- Clemson receives a bid to the Orange Bowl.
- Virginia Tech has an outside chance of a BCS at-large bid if Clemson jumps ahead of Michigan and keeps the Wolverines out of the Top 14.
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State
Oklahoma State defeats Oklahoma
- Oklahoma State receives a bid to the Fiesta Bowl.
- Three losses will eliminate Oklahoma from a BCS bid.
Oklahoma defeats Oklahoma State
- Oklahoma receives a bid to the Fiesta Bowl.
- Oklahoma State prays Michigan doesn’t reach the Top 14 in the BCS rankings and receives a BCS at-large bid.
Connecticut at Cincinnati
Cincinnati defeats Connecticut
- Cincinnati ties for the Big East championship with Louisville.
- Cincinnati hopes West Virginia loses at South Florida because Cincinnati has the tie-breaker over Louisville by defeating the Cardinals 25-16 at home this season.
Connecticut defeats Cincinnati
- Cincinnati BCS bid chances are over.
- Louisville wins the Big East because they have the tie-breaker over West Virginia by defeating the Mountaineers 38-35 earlier in the season and will receive a bid to the Orange Bowl.
West Virginia at South Florida
West Virginia defeats South Florida
- West Virginia ties for the Big East championship and prays for Cincinnati to win as well.
- West Virginia most likely will have the highest BCS ranking and will become the Big East champion and will receive a bid to the Orange Bowl.
South Florida defeats West Virginia
- West Virginia is eliminated from a BCS bid.
- Louisville or Cincinnati wins the Big East.
Southern Mississippi at Houston
Houston defeats Southern Mississippi
- Houston wins the Conference USA and receives a bid to the Fiesta or Sugar Bowl.
- Boise State chances to receive a BCS bid are slim to none.
Southern Mississippi defeats Houston
- Houston is eliminated from a BCS bid.
- Boise State receives a bid to the Fiesta or Sugar Bowl.
As you can see there are many teams still in the thick of receiving a BCS bid even though the championship game has already been determined. This should be a great weekend of football.
View all our college bowl projections.