SEC Championship Game
LSU defeats Georgia
- LSU plays for the BCS championship against Alabama
- Georgia is eliminated from a BCS bid.
Georgia defeats LSU
- Georgia receives a bid to the Sugar Bowl and becomes the third SEC team in the BCS games.
- LSU plays for the BCS championship against Alabama.
- This eliminates Michigan, Boise State, Virginia Tech and Oklahoma State from receiving an at-large bid.
Big Ten Championship Game
Wisconsin defeats Michigan State
- Wisconsin receives a bid to the Rose Bowl.
- Michigan State most likely drops below Michigan in the BCS rankings (Don’t forget the Spartans defeated the Wolverines this season 28-14) and is eliminated from a BCS bid.
Michigan State defeats Wisconsin
- Michigan State receives a bid to the Rose Bowl.
- Wisconsin is eliminated from a BCS bid.
Pac-12 Championship Game
Oregon defeats UCLA
- Oregon receives a bid to the Rose Bowl.
- UCLA is 6-7 and hopes they can receive an exemption to be invited to a bowl game.
UCLA defeats Oregon
- This will be the biggest upset of the season. This isn’t happening.
- UCLA will receive a bid to the Rose Bowl.
- Oregon is eliminated from a BCS bid.
- This isn’t happening.
ACC Championship Game
Virginia Tech defeats Clemson
- Virginia Tech receives a bid to the Orange Bowl.
- Clemson is eliminated from a BCS bid.
Clemson defeats Virginia Tech
- Clemson receives a bid to the Orange Bowl.
- Virginia Tech has an outside chance of a BCS at-large bid if Clemson jumps ahead of Michigan and keeps the Wolverines out of the Top 14.
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State
Oklahoma State defeats Oklahoma
- Oklahoma State receives a bid to the Fiesta Bowl.
- Three losses will eliminate Oklahoma from a BCS bid.
Oklahoma defeats Oklahoma State
- Oklahoma receives a bid to the Fiesta Bowl.
- Oklahoma State prays Michigan doesn’t reach the Top 14 in the BCS rankings and receives a BCS at-large bid.
Connecticut at Cincinnati
Cincinnati defeats Connecticut
- Cincinnati ties for the Big East championship with Louisville.
- Cincinnati hopes West Virginia loses at South Florida because Cincinnati has the tie-breaker over Louisville by defeating the Cardinals 25-16 at home this season.
Connecticut defeats Cincinnati
- Cincinnati BCS bid chances are over.
- Louisville wins the Big East because they have the tie-breaker over West Virginia by defeating the Mountaineers 38-35 earlier in the season and will receive a bid to the Orange Bowl.
West Virginia at South Florida
West Virginia defeats South Florida
- West Virginia ties for the Big East championship and prays for Cincinnati to win as well.
- West Virginia most likely will have the highest BCS ranking and will become the Big East champion and will receive a bid to the Orange Bowl.
South Florida defeats West Virginia
- West Virginia is eliminated from a BCS bid.
- Louisville or Cincinnati wins the Big East.
Southern Mississippi at Houston
Houston defeats Southern Mississippi
- Houston wins the Conference USA and receives a bid to the Fiesta or Sugar Bowl.
- Boise State chances to receive a BCS bid are slim to none.
Southern Mississippi defeats Houston
- Houston is eliminated from a BCS bid.
- Boise State receives a bid to the Fiesta or Sugar Bowl.
As you can see there are many teams still in the thick of receiving a BCS bid even though the championship game has already been determined. This should be a great weekend of football.
View all our college bowl projections.